Managing your online presence in this day and age is crucial. A stronger online presence = higher conversions. And that’s a fact. Here’s 10 more facts about reviews that you should also know…
1. 92% of consumers admit that they read online reviews before making a purchase decision. Of which 67% admit that reviews influence their decision.
2. Negative reviews aren’t all that bad. Why? Because 68% of consumers trust reviews more if there are both positive and negative reviews left for a business. Consumers often consider a business with a 100% 5* star rating to be ‘too good to be true’.
3. 85% of consumers consider reviews that are older than 3 months old to be no longer relevant, thus highlighting the importance of continuously collecting new reviews for your business.
4. An interest one… 68% of consumers are willing to pay up to 15% more for the same service if a quality serviced is assured.
5. 78% of people trust online reviews as much as a personal recommendation. This number has dropped by 10% since 2014, possibly as a result of the number of fake reviews that have been flooding the market
6. Consumers read on average of 7-10 reviews before trusting a business.
7. Consumers expect businesses to have 40+ reviews to consider the star rating accurate.
8. A study by BrightLocal found that if you show your star ratings on the search engine, it can increase your CTR (click through rate) by as much as 25%. That means 25% more people will click onto your website if you show your stars on Google.
9. 3.3* is the minimum star rating of a business that a consumer would consider engaging with.
10. 77% of consumers would be willing to leave a review if asked. Whether they do or not is a different question (you might need to send them a couple of reminders!).
Online reviews are important. If you’re not already collecting reviews, you should be. Start collecting reviews for your business now by joining Verified, a free tradesmen directory with no subscription fees and no lead fees.